Cyber Soul Academy and SSA Assoc.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CSA is an Academy that strives to be the best there is and it is where the best Duelists come from around the world.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inGallery
Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 270 on Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:01 pm
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Statistics
We have 1743 registered users
The newest registered user is aichi sendou

Our users have posted a total of 7458 messages in 1547 subjects
Poll

Tester position essay: Meta Dacks vs. Underrated Decks!

Go down 
+2
MasterMagician
project.knight
6 posters
AuthorMessage
project.knight
Cyber Drei
Cyber Drei
project.knight

Character sheet
RP Character: Knight
RP Dorm: N/A
RP Deck: Battlin' Boxers

Tester position essay: Meta Dacks vs. Underrated Decks! Empty
PostSubject: Tester position essay: Meta Dacks vs. Underrated Decks!   Tester position essay: Meta Dacks vs. Underrated Decks! EmptyTue Jun 10, 2014 12:28 pm

Before we get down to it, I will give you the definitions of the two types of decks:

---Meta Decks: Popular archtypes or builds used alot in the TCG. Usually pure but has some outside support. The decks are usually expensive.

---Underrated Decks: Decks that don't see alot of TCG play, but show as much skill and potential to beat meta decks. Usually mixed with another archtype. Because of it's unpopularity, It's much cheaper than Metadecks.

Meta Decks, the swiss army decks
-Famous Meta decks are: Madolches, Bujin, and mermails
Ok, Meta decks are not popular just because. They had proven many times to be highly effective, and are engineered to run completely fine on it's own. They are built like a swiss army knife: you can use them without putting other archetypes in. You probably heard sayings like "This card is the archtypes pot of greed" or "this card has a built in monster reborn". That's the key to meta success.
But, that's also where it's flaws lie. Some of the worst decks made are two meta-archtypes mixing with each other. Ever heard of madolche bujin's? No? exactly. But that's because the cards only target other members of it's same archetypes. Take this card, for instance.
Tester position essay: Meta Dacks vs. Underrated Decks! 328px-MermailAbysslinde-ABYR-EN-UR-1E
This card helps out pure mermail builds alot, but ONLY mermails. Putting it in other water decks is pointless. But regardless of this flaw, Meta decks are strong. You love everything about them.
except for the price tag.

Underrated decks: OTK For days.
-famous underrated decks are: Battlin' Boxers, Batterymans, Hunders, Scraps (without pendulem), Heraldics, Vylons and Inzektors.

UR (Underrated) Decks only have one goal. When you make a UR deck, chances are that it will have multiple archetypes and engines. You can put a variety of different stuff together, and it still runs good. Take Battlin' boxers. They are engineered only to xyz into something. A good field for them is when you have 2 or more xyzs out. Because of that, i actually added both ZW and RUM in the deck, and it still ran just as good, only i was using the boss monster less. I took Battlin' boxers, and made a utopia deck. That's the beauty with underrated cards, you have room for creativity. Another example is Machnias.
Tester position essay: Meta Dacks vs. Underrated Decks! 300px-MachinaFortress-SDMM-EN-UR-UE
You can put them in literally ANY machine based deck, and you will win more often. they are LITERALLY support for all machines, plus the pure deck is powerful too. But the flaw is: they aren't higher tier(half of the time). Usually most UR decks are only just as good as the meta decks, if not then almost. But from time to time, you will find a rouge UR deck that tops a YCS or a Regional, and the only reason it does is because no one could prepare for it.

Other Deck types

Hated Decks
--Lightsworns, Infernaties, Dark Worlds, exodia.
Those decks that you hate playing against.

Old Meta
--Blackwings, Syncron
Meta decks that used to be high tier. They are still good, but not as good.

Midrange
--Fire fists, Constellers
Meta decks that aren't really that expensive, and mix well wit others.

Final thoughts:
When it comes down to it, it's either two things, Whether your deck is good or not. But you shouldn't buy a deck just because it's good. You have to like the cards, the art, the concept, and just enjoy playing with it. Because if you don't like it, why play it?
Back to top Go down
MasterMagician
Cyber Drei
Cyber Drei
MasterMagician

Character sheet
RP Character: Joanne
RP Dorm: Dark Angel
RP Deck: Cyber Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Tester position essay: Meta Dacks vs. Underrated Decks!   Tester position essay: Meta Dacks vs. Underrated Decks! EmptyTue Jun 10, 2014 8:39 pm

I actually like playing against Lightsworn
Back to top Go down
project.knight
Cyber Drei
Cyber Drei
project.knight

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Tester position essay: Meta Dacks vs. Underrated Decks!   Tester position essay: Meta Dacks vs. Underrated Decks! EmptyTue Jun 10, 2014 9:56 pm

I love playing with and against them, but most people don't like them.
Back to top Go down
Oceana
Cyber Drei
Cyber Drei
Oceana

PostSubject: Re: Tester position essay: Meta Dacks vs. Underrated Decks!   Tester position essay: Meta Dacks vs. Underrated Decks! EmptyWed Jun 11, 2014 2:37 pm

To be frank, I'm not impressed. There are major flaws and some things are plain odd. You dubbed Fire Fist as a midrange Deck. The last format, it dominated the Meta. Also when you say Hated Decks, those are decks you personally hate. As Master Magician stated, he likes to duel against LS. You cannot put opinions as fact,s that's just wrong.

Also, a Meta Deck that you completely forgot to mention is Dragon Rulers. After the Baby Dragons got banned, they came up with Plant Ruler. Almost just as broken.

Sorry, you simply did not convince me.
Back to top Go down
project.knight
Cyber Drei
Cyber Drei
project.knight

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Tester position essay: Meta Dacks vs. Underrated Decks!   Tester position essay: Meta Dacks vs. Underrated Decks! EmptyWed Jun 11, 2014 9:43 pm

Midrange
--Fire fists, Constellers
Meta decks that aren't really that expensive, and mix well with others

May be i worded it wrong. Fire fists have the advantage of both meta and UR. and fire fists have been splashed in a multitude of decks. That is how i see midraqnge is. the best of both worlds.

And i didn't mention dragon rulers because there is not enough Dragon ruler cards to make a full on deck. It becomes support cards for other archtypes, at least that's how i see it. and don't get me wrong, they are fantastic.

lastly, i wasn't stating fact. this is all opinion. in Europe, the meta is different. in japan, the meta is different. your locals has a different meta than regionals. I don't hate lightswoorns, I USE them. I acually mixed them with dragon rulers, and made an OP deck. But it's still hated by the vast majority of the game. Some academy members have posted entire threads devoted to hating them. I can't Ignore that.

P.S. My father was being kicked out when i wrote this. I was very angry. A fatel mistake. Thanks for the criticism. I am updating the article now.
Back to top Go down
Kalin Kessler
Cyber Twin
Cyber Twin
Kalin Kessler

Character sheet
RP Character: Wraith
RP Dorm: Obelisk Blue
RP Deck: Infernity/Photon

PostSubject: Re: Tester position essay: Meta Dacks vs. Underrated Decks!   Tester position essay: Meta Dacks vs. Underrated Decks! EmptyThu Jun 12, 2014 1:00 am

btw,infernity is more respected than hated.its our traps that are annoying
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
Zane Truesdale
Admin
Admin
Zane Truesdale

Character sheet
RP Character:
RP Dorm:
RP Deck: Cyber Dragons!

PostSubject: Re: Tester position essay: Meta Dacks vs. Underrated Decks!   Tester position essay: Meta Dacks vs. Underrated Decks! EmptyFri Jun 13, 2014 3:20 am

Most of that made no sense but if you look up a duelist called absense of light then you would understand not everyone doesnt give a damn about Darkworlds
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tester position essay: Meta Dacks vs. Underrated Decks!   Tester position essay: Meta Dacks vs. Underrated Decks! EmptyFri Jun 13, 2014 9:39 am

This whole essay cpuld be summed up in 4 sentences
Back to top Go down
MasterMagician
Cyber Drei
Cyber Drei
MasterMagician

Character sheet
RP Character: Joanne
RP Dorm: Dark Angel
RP Deck: Cyber Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Tester position essay: Meta Dacks vs. Underrated Decks!   Tester position essay: Meta Dacks vs. Underrated Decks! EmptyFri Jun 13, 2014 10:36 am

^^^^ Lelouch.. Does it really matter his definition of Meta i'm sure one person thinks a good deck is meta while another person says it isn't
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tester position essay: Meta Dacks vs. Underrated Decks!   Tester position essay: Meta Dacks vs. Underrated Decks! Empty

Back to top Go down

Tester position essay: Meta Dacks vs. Underrated Decks!
Page 1 of 1