Cyber Soul Academy and SSA Assoc.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CSA is an Academy that strives to be the best there is and it is where the best Duelists come from around the world.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inGallery
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 270 on Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:01 pm
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Statistics
We have 1743 registered users
The newest registered user is aichi sendou

Our users have posted a total of 7458 messages in 1547 subjects
Poll

utopia 39 effect

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

utopia 39 effect Empty
PostSubject: utopia 39 effect   utopia 39 effect EmptyMon Jun 03, 2013 12:15 am

utopia 39 is useful for many reasons. His effect lets you negate attacks by detaching one of his xyz materials. His effect also lets you negate your own attack, like if your monster lost some attack or if its target gained attack. That would be a smart way to use his effect. His effect how ever cannot stop mirror force. The reason is that mirror force activates from a monster declaring an attack. This means that even if you negate the attack mirror force's effect still activates and destroys your cards. This effect also applies to cards like dimensional prison, dark mirror force, magic cylinder and cards of that nature.
Back to top Go down
D00M
Cyber Infinity
Cyber Infinity
D00M

utopia 39 effect Empty
PostSubject: Re: utopia 39 effect   utopia 39 effect EmptyMon Jun 03, 2013 1:03 am

Utopia may be good, but it also has some crucial disadvantages. One of them is that if a monster attacks utopia while utopia has no xyz materials, and utopia dies, a replay would occur letting that monster attack again.
Back to top Go down
astrocreep777
Untested
astrocreep777

utopia 39 effect Empty
PostSubject: Re: utopia 39 effect   utopia 39 effect EmptyMon Jun 03, 2013 2:52 am

Regular Utopia effect is ok but id rather use rank magic and turn him into his evil barian verison utopia ray v and kill my oppents monsters.
Back to top Go down
Omega Shadow
Admin
Admin
Omega Shadow

Character sheet
RP Character:
RP Dorm:
RP Deck:

utopia 39 effect Empty
PostSubject: Re: utopia 39 effect   utopia 39 effect EmptyMon Jun 03, 2013 8:32 am

I agree with all that has been stated. Utopia has its share of strengths and weaknesses but I think there is one more point to cover. Utopia has versatility. The pure simplicity of having two level fours n the field is all you need to summon him. His effect can not only save your monsters, but slows the games pace earning a player an extra turn to change things. As stated prior, he can rank up to Utopia Ray V to demolish your opponents defenses. Alternatively, you can rank him up t C39 Utopia Ray and use his effect, when in a pinch, to lower your opponents strength. There is also a wide array of effect monsters that equip to utopia to give him invincibility to card effects and a large attack boost. Now arguably what I have stated is not directly utopia's effect but it is worth mentioning. I hope this has helped, if only slightly, for those who want help with Utopia.
Back to top Go down

utopia 39 effect Empty
PostSubject: Re: utopia 39 effect   utopia 39 effect EmptyMon Jun 03, 2013 9:00 am

Also the new support card rank-up numeron allows to negate every other card effect face up on the field which is very useful against cards that cant be destroyed by card effects or cards like Yubel which are a pain to get rid off. Also the new boss monster Utopia Ray Victory which can increase its attack equal to the monsters atking allowing your opponent to lose 2800lp very atk also your oponent can't activate traps when it atks, so you don't have to worry about cards like mirror force. dimensional prison, etc.
Back to top Go down

utopia 39 effect Empty
PostSubject: Re: utopia 39 effect   utopia 39 effect EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 12:47 pm

My friend often beat me with his utopia deck getting the thing up to 10000 atk, its really annoying. I could get a deck list if asked.
Back to top Go down

utopia 39 effect Empty
PostSubject: Re: utopia 39 effect   utopia 39 effect EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 12:52 pm

Everyone seems to be forgetting the Utopia specific ZW support. It makes the thing nearly unbreakable.
Back to top Go down

utopia 39 effect Empty
PostSubject: Re: utopia 39 effect   utopia 39 effect EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 1:19 pm

I've seen all four dude, they are nasty piece of work
Back to top Go down

utopia 39 effect Empty
PostSubject: Re: utopia 39 effect   utopia 39 effect EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 4:44 pm

The thing about Utopia Zw support is that its rarely done right, I've seen most people completely butch it and maybe 1 or 2 people do it right
Back to top Go down

utopia 39 effect Empty
PostSubject: Re: utopia 39 effect   utopia 39 effect EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 4:46 pm

Still, it was not mentioned, while it's the largest direct Utopia support released. Aside frmo the whole new Numeron stuff, this is what makes Utopia quite a threat.
Back to top Go down

utopia 39 effect Empty
PostSubject: Re: utopia 39 effect   utopia 39 effect EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 4:49 pm

True numeron and utopia usually end up with amazing combos, generally ends up with you winning the duel especially against yubel decks and simliar ones the rely on monster effs without worry about skill drain affecting your monsters too.
Back to top Go down

utopia 39 effect Empty
PostSubject: Re: utopia 39 effect   utopia 39 effect EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 4:51 pm

It just is so easily countered. Warning, Judgment, Elfuria, Flying "C", Prohibition. So many outs for countering the whole Deck.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

utopia 39 effect Empty
PostSubject: Re: utopia 39 effect   utopia 39 effect Empty

Back to top Go down

utopia 39 effect
Page 1 of 1